California has clear public policy against sexual orientation discrimination. California Government Code §12940 states:
It is an unlawful employment practice, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification, or, except where based upon applicable security regulations established by the United States or the State of California for an employer, because of the…sexual orientation…of any person, to refuse to hire or employ the person or to refuse to select the person for a training program leading to employment, or to bar or to discharge the person from employment or from a training program leading to employment, or to discriminate against the person in compensation or in terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.
Since our founding, we have represented employees in a wide range of employment related claims including sexual orientation discrimination. If you have questions, or wish to submit your case for a review, please take advantage of our FREE online case submission below.
- Have you been terminated because of your sexual orientation?
- Have you been demoted because of your sexual orientation?
- Have you been denied promotions or opportunities because of your sexual orientation?
- Have you been subjected to any other adverse employment action because of your sexual orientation?
- Did you employer harass you because of your sexual orientation?
If you believe that you are a victim of sexual orientation discrimination, or if you believe that your Company is about to get sued for sexual orientation discrimination, you need to act quickly. Please take advantage of our FREE online case submission below and call us today to start a conversation.